BUILD YOUR OWN WEDDING PLANNERS WORDPRESS WEBSITE
A stupidly simple beginners guide to creating a professional Wedding Planners website step by step with WordPress.
It’s easy, when you know how.GET STARTED NOW
This (total) beginners guide will show you in 4 easy steps how to build a professional 6 page Wedding Planners website from scratch using WordPress.
No experience or coding knowledge required Easy to update and manage Ideal for small business owners or bloggers Takes just 1 hour to complete
YOU WILL NEED THESE 4 THINGS
1. Domain / Hosting
Hosting is where your website is stored and the domain name is the address used to find it.
WordPress is the base software platform that powers your website.
It will take around 2 hours to build your website if you follow these simple steps.
COST: US$47.4 a year
US$116.4 and some time is all you need to DIY!
YOU WILL NEED TO COMPLETE THESE 4 STEPS
Domain / Hosting Step 1 will show you how to setup your hosting, domain name and emails.
WordPress Step 2 will show you how to install WordPress + set up your email address.
Divi Theme Step 3 will show you how to install and configure the Divi Theme.
Pages & Content Step 4 will show you how to create your pages and add content.
STEP 1 - DOMAIN NAME AND HOSTING
Hosting is where your website is physically stored and the domain name is the address used to find it online. You must have both of these to set up your website.
You can register both your web hosting and domain name with Siteground.
Siteground offer good value pricing, technical quality and great support. They also offers 1 click install for WordPress, which makes installing Wordpress in step 2 much quicker. Click the button below to register your domain name and web hosting with Siteground.
In the Siteground signup options;
- You can create the account with a new FREE domain, or use one you have registered previously.
- The Siteground starter plan is enough for most websites and costs $3.95 a month. If you want to create multiple websites for a 2nd business, friends or clients you will need the Grow Big option.
- Pick the data center (USA, Europe or Singapore) that is closest to the users who will be viewing your website.
- HackAlert notifies you if your website has been hacked or injected with malicious code, and whilst not essential, for $12 is a good warning tool to have.
Watch the video
Once you have completed the setup at Siteground you will receive a confirmation email with information about your account and links to log on and access your accounts and cPanel.
STEP 2 - INSTALL WORDPRESS + SETUP EMAIL
WordPress is the software we will use to create your website. It allows you to create your website pages, blog posts and a whole lot more.
We need to add Wordpres onto your hosting account using the admin panel (cPanel,)
This process is very quick and easy using the Siteground autoinstallers.
1) Install WordPress using your cPanel admin area in Siteground. Log in to your Siteground account and navigate to my account and click on the button for cPanel. In cPanel, you need to click on the WordPress icon in the Autoinstallers section. click install and follow the prompts.
2) Easy right? Whilst we are in the cPanel, we can set up your email address too. In Cpanel you will need to click on email accounts and follow the steps as shown in the video –>
Step 2 is complete and you will now have a fresh install of WordPress on your hosting account along with your new email account. It will look very plain just like in the image to the right, so in step 3 we will add the Divi Theme to WordPress to give it better styling and functionality.
STEP 3 - DOWNLOAD & INSTALL THE DIVI THEME
Divi is a WordPress Theme that tells Wordpress how your website should look and work.
Divi is hugely popular with beginners due to it’s intuitive drag and drop page builder, great support and hugely active community.
Divi is part of the Elegant Themes membership which costs $69 (1 year personal license).
2) Upload the Divi theme to your in your WordPress admin panel. Go to your WordPress admin area (www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin). In the left hand navigation go to appearance>themes>add new>upload theme and select the Divi zip file you just downloaded.
You now have your WordPress website running the Divi Theme ready to set up pages and add content in step 4. It should now look like the image on the right.
STEP 4 - SETTING UP YOUR CHILD THEME
You now use a free Divi Child Theme to set up your pages and styling.
This should take around 20 minutes and the video below walks you through step by step.
You are almost there!
You can use a Divi Child Theme to quickly set up the design and pages for your Wedding Planner website. The video on the right will walk you through the steps to set this up. Download the Free Wedding Planner child theme below and install using the video guide.