You can create a beautiful-looking website with Divi, but how will you get those visitors to visit your site in the first place?
To let the world know your website exists you will usually need to perform SEO (Search Engine Optimization) on your website. This involves a range of tasks that aim to rank your website higher in Google for keywords related to your niche. The higher you can rank your website in Google, the more visitors will come.
Divi comes with some basic SEO tools out of the box that are better than nothing, but to rank your website in Google you will need to use a 3rd party SEO plugin.
The best 3 SEO plugins for Divi
The built-in Divi SEO tools
To access the built-in Divi SEO Manager, you need to login to your WordPress backend dashboard, and from the lefthand sidebar, navigate to Divi>Theme Options, and then click on the SEO tab.
Under it, you will find three sections to control SEO for the Homepage, Single Post Page, and Index Page. Here’s a more in-depth look at the available options under each section.
From here, you can choose whether you want to use the default custom title, meta description, and meta keywords for your homepage or use custom ones.
You will also enable canonical URLs (which helps prevent indexing of duplicate content by search engines) from here.
Single Post Page SEO
Under the Single Post Page SEO section, you get a similar set of options that allows you to choose whether you want to use the default settings or custom settings for the title, description, and keywords for your posts and pages.
Similarly, here too, you get an option to enable canonical URLs to prevent indexing of any duplicate posts or pages on your site that can potentially harm your SEO score.
Index Page SEO
Finally, under the Index Page SEO section, you get to enable/disable the meta description and turn on/off Canonical URLs.
SEO plugins for Divi to get better search engine rankings
As you can see above, the in-built SEO functionalities of Divi are very limited.
If you are serious about ranking your website in Google and driving more free traffic then you will need a plugin designed specifically for SEO. There are hundreds of Divi-specific plugins to enhance your Divi website, but for SEO we are able to use any of the general WordPress SEO plugins.
Many plugins for SEO will work with Divi, but the 3 best SEO plugins are Yoast SEO, Rankmath, and AIO SEO.
1. Yoast SEO with Divi
Starting off our list, we have Yoast SEO – by far the most popular WordPress SEO plugin with over 5 million active installations. It’s a freemium plugin, meaning you get a free base plugin with access to only basic features. If you want to access the full feature set, you will need to upgrade to one of their paid plans.
That being said, if you are just starting out, then the free plugin should be more than enough. It comes with an easy-to-use interface to optimize your content for search engines and make it more readable for humans.
Upgrading to the premium plan turbocharges all the available options and bundles in many more useful functionalities. This includes internal linking suggestions, a redirect manager, a content insights tool, and much more.
Here’s a detailed list of the main features in the free and pro version of Yoast SEO to give you an idea of what it brings to the table.
Yoast SEO Key Features:
- Optimize your content for 5 keywords or keyphrases—only 1 keyword or keyphrase in the free version.
- Using schema.org data tells search engines like Google what your site, post, or page is about.
- Helps remove duplicate content from your website.
- Helps you mark your links as no-follow or sponsored.
- Preview snippet for Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Examines your content on how easy it is to read for actual human users. Also shows you how to improve readability.
- Get linking suggestions to other websites and posts.
- Easily redirect old URLs to new ones to avoid any 404 or similar issues..
Yoast SEO Pricing:
The base free version of Yoast SEO is free to use, and you can install it directly from your WordPress backend. Whereas if you want to get Yoast SEO Premium, then pricing starts at $89/year for a single site license.
2. All In One SEO with Divi
AIOSEO or All in One SEO is another super popular freemium SEO plugin for Divi. Similar to Yoast SEO, it offers tons of advanced features to help you boost your site’s search engine ranking. However, one major plus point for AIOSEO over Yoast SEO is that it gives you much more control over the different bells and whistles.
The plugin gives you useful Social Media integration, built-in WooCommerce SEO tools, and full control over your RSS feeds, Robots.txt editor, Google News sitemaps, Video SEO, and more. T
But that being said, you won’t need to touch any of the settings for the most part. By default, it applies all the best inputs based on the answers you provide during the initial set-up process. This makes AIOSEO extremely beginner-friendly, all the while offering the necessary features advanced users are looking for.
Here’s a more in-depth look at the AIOSEO main features to give you an idea of what it brings to the table:
All in One SEO Key Features:
- TruSEO On-Page analysis helps you add title tags, meta descriptions, keywords, etc.
- SEO-Audit checklist helps you detect any critical SEO errors and offers actionable insights.
- Full control over local SEO to help you rank better on Google Maps.
- Automatically generate Smart XML sitemaps and notify search engines as soon as there’s an update.
- Create and submit detailed Google News sitemaps as well as video sitemaps.
- Create custom SEO User Roles to manage only the SEO features of your website.
- Control how your content will look on social media networks like Facebook and Twitter from your WordPress backend.
- WooCommerce SEO built-in.
- Take full control over Rich Snippets Schema, RSS Content, Robots.txt Editor, and more.
All In One SEO Pricing:
The base plugin is free to use and available right from the WordPress repository. For the premium version of AIOSEO, pricing starts at $49/year for a single-site license and goes up to $299.50 for a 100-sites license.
This makes AIOSEO a much better value-for-money deal than Yoast SEO.
3. Rank Math SEO with Divi
And last but not least, we have Rank Math SEO, a plugin that’s slowly getting a lot of attention for all the amazing features it brings to the table.
Now, both Yoast SEO and AIOSEO are excellent SEO plugins for Divi and WordPress, in general. However, Rank Math is optimized for Divi and offers deep integration with the Divi WordPress theme. As such, it’s also the recommended SEO plugin by Elegant Themes.
After creating/editing your posts or pages using Divi, you had to switch to the classical editor or Gutenberg to make your SEO tweaks and adjustments with the other two plugins. But with Rank Math, you can handle all on-page SEO tasks right from the Divi Builder via a Rank Math Divi Module.
Cool, isn’t it?
Here’s a dedicated read on how to optimize your Divi website with Rank Math SEO that you might find helpful.
Also, feature-wise, the plugin checks all the boxes that you will find important. Here’s a quick overview of its main features to give you an idea of what it has to offer.
Rank Math Key Features:
- Simple and clean user interface with super intuitive options.
- Runs your posts, pages, and products through an SEO analysis covering 40 criteria.
- Automatically adds missing alt or title tags for images.
- Powerful XML Sitemap builder. Automatically pings search engines every time you make a change to your posts.
- Rich snippet support for different content types like Articles, Events, Local Businesses, Products, Recipes, Videos, and so on.
- Breadcrumb support out of the box.
- In-built 404 error monitor. You can use the redirection module to take users from 404 errors to a custom page on your site.
Rank Math Pricing:
The base Rank Math plugin is available for free, and you can download it from your WordPress backend dashboard.
The Pro version starts at $59/year and covers unlimited personal websites but can track up to 500 keywords. There’s also a $199/year for SEO agencies and freelancers. Here, you’ll get support for 100 client websites and the option to track up to 10,000 keywords.
Overall, Rank Math is far more affordably priced than both Yoast SEO and AIOSEO.
So this was our quick read going over the 3 best SEO plugins for Divi. We hope you found this useful and that it helped you improve the SEO score and ranking of your Divi website.
As you can see, Rank Math, with its awesome feature set, competitive pricing, and seamless Divi integration, is the recommended SEO plugin for Divi. However, if you don’t like it for one reason or another, you still have two solid choices.
Yoast SEO, with its focus on optimizing your content for both search engines and humans, makes it an ideal fit for blogs or large publications with an in-house team of writers. It’s easy-to-follow SEO guidelines that will help your writers ensure that their content is properly optimized for better SEO ranking and human readability.
On the flip side, AIOSEO is a much more cost-effective SEO solution optimized for small and local businesses. It will automatically apply all the optimal SEO configurations depending on your site, making it sort of a plug-and-play solution. But at the same time, it will give advanced users granular control over all crucial SEO files and settings.