Do you want to learn how to use the Divi theme like a pro?
Acquiring any new skill will come with a learning curve and Divi is no exception, but there are lots of resources and courses for Divi available online to help fast-track the learning process.
Whether you choose a free, or premium Divi course there is something available for total beginners right up to advanced 3rd party Divi product developers and everything in between.
This article will list the best free and paid courses, guides, and resources for Divi.
Learn with free courses & resources for Divi
1. The official Divi documentation
This is the best place to learn Divi. Not a course on Divi as such, but this will always be the best place to start learning how Divi works and for many, it is really all you will need to get your website up and running.
Divi comes with a very comprehensive set of documentation that covers every element of the theme and its array of features.
The documentation is searchable and comes with detailed text and image content along with a large number of video tutorials and walk-through guides. If you get stuck you can always access the Elegant Themes live chat support for answers too.
Price – Free
2. Youtube tutorials & courses
Youtube has a mind-boggling number of free resources for Divi covering pretty much every single topic you can think of.
Elegant Themes have their own official Youtube channel which offers hundreds of Divi videos including the documentation videos, Divi tutorials, and all the Divi feature updates & sneaks peek videos. This YouTube channel alone can keep you busy learning for hours on end.
A search for Divi Theme on YouTube will also bring up plenty of 3rd party videos which range from short tutorials, plugin guides & reviews to full hour-long plus courses on building a Divi site from scratch.
One of the most popular full Divi courses in the video above from Ferdy Korpershoek on “How To Create A WordPress Website 2018 | Divi Theme” which is just over 1 hour long and has had an impressive 500,000+ views!.
Price – Free
3. Udemy free (& paid) courses
Udemy is a popular online course marketplace that offers learning resources on almost anything imaginable, including building websites with Divi.
There are over 4,137 results if you search for Divi Theme, including 414 free Divi courses.
Udemy often has flash sales where all courses are reduced to ~$10, so it is worth getting on their email list to be notified when the next one comes around.
Price – (free – $10+)
4. Free Divi 4 video course by Ania Romańska
This Divi course is a free step-by-step video guide for Divi beginners created by Ania Romańska at Divi Lover.
If you prefer to learn by watching, then this course is for you as each module in the course comes in a video format only.
Course Lessons include;
- Get Domain Name and Hosting
- Install WordPress – First Steps in the Dashboard
- Create Pages and Posts
- Download & Install the Divi Theme
- Manage WordPress Menus
- Divi Theme Options & Theme Customizer
- Divi Builder Overview
- Create a Fixed Header with the Theme Builder
- Create a Global Theme Builder Footer
- Design the Home Page
- Design the About Page
- Design the Services Page
- Create the Contact Page
- Customize the Blog and Category Archives
- Create a Single Post Template
- Course Summary
Price – Free
5. Quiroz.co free tutorials
Geno Quiroz has been in the Divi community helping out online and via his websites for a number of years now and his Divi tutorial site at Quiroz.co has grown into a large collection of short tutorials for customizing your Divi websites.
Once you have the Divi basics covered these short, easy-to-follow tutorials allow you to extend Divi with simple code. You can search tutorials or browse in the 36 Divi tutorial categories that cover everything from customizing your modules to injecting Divi builder layouts into your footer.
These tutorials have not been added to or updated since late 2019, but there are still some useful resources on the site.
Price – Free
Learn with premium courses & resources for Divi
6. Divi & WordPress courses from Josh Hall
Josh Hall has created a set of courses based on Divi and web design as a whole that can be purchased individually or as a package.
Josh has 3 Divi-specific courses which are the Divi/WordPress Beginners Course ($97), the Divi/WooCommerce Beginners Course ($147), and Josh’s Divi/CSS Course ($297).
There are some more general web design-related courses including Josh’s SEO Course, the Website Design Course, the Web Design Business Course, Josh’s Web Design Process Course, Josh’s cPanel Course, and the Website Maintenance Plan Course with prices ranging from $67 to $497.
Price – from $97
7. Pee Aye Creative Divi Beginners course
Pee Aye Creative is run by Nelson Miller and is a popular source of learning for Divi. Their website offers regular short tutorials on their blog along with 1 free, and 3 paid-for courses, including the beginners’ course. The resources available are clear and easy to follow for all levels of users.
The four Divi courses available from Pee aye Creative are;
- Divi Beginner Course – A quick start guide for Divi that covers all the basics so you can get up and running. The course costs $47.
- Divi Theme Builder – The Divi Builder is the core of the Divi Theme and this course takes a deeper look into the features and options available. This course costs $20.
- Beyond The Builder – This is a full feature course that should cover almost everything you need to know when building your Divi website. This course costs $197.
- How To Make Divi Responsive Free Course – This free course will show you how to make sure your website looks good across different devices and screen sizes.
Price – $47
8. Site School web and marketing course
Site School is created by Melissa Love who was one of the first 3rd party designers to start creating child themes for Divi and consistently creates quality products and client websites.
The Site School course covers the basics of creating a website using Divi and one of The Design Space templates. The course also covers website security & SEO, content, marketing, and 2 mini-courses specifically for branding and SEO.
All course members will get a free layout, child theme discount, and access to the private Facebook group.
Price – $249
9. CSS For Divi Course
This is a premium Divi course led by John Wooten of BeSuperfly that aims to teach you the tips & tricks BeSuperfly uses to create their custom Divi child themes and layouts.
Some of the Divi CSS projects you will complete in the course include
- How to use Google Chrome’s Inspect Element Tool
- Using :before & :after to style background colors and hover states of Sections
- Add a Custom Brush Divider at the Top and Bottom of Sections
- Subtle Column box shadows on hover
- 3 columns image box background with a color overlay on hover
- Styling the Blog Grid including the “Read More” Post link
- Styling a form
- Using span classes to style custom text
- Customizing the Secondary Menu
- Creating a 2-column Half Image / Half Text with 2 Column Switch for Tablet / Mobile
- Styling Font Awesome Icons
- Video background with image overlay
- Gradient buttons with hover
- Advanced Responsive Design testing
Start Learning ($89)
10. Divi Mundo free video course
Last on the list is a free video-based course from Divi Mundo that covers 10 steps to creating a website with Divi from hosting, building, and launching your site. Each section includes a number of key steps to follow in video format that have accompanying links in a resource section below the video.
The video guides are clear and easy to follow, so if you prefer to learn via video instructions then this course is worth checking out.
Start Learning (Free)
How did you learn to use Divi?
For me, I learned how to use Divi just by actually using it and getting on Google or the official Divi documentation when I had something I couldn’t do.
If I got really stuck I would post in one of the many Divi Facebook groups or use the now redundant Elegant Themes support forum. However you choose to learn Divi, there are resources to help you along the way.
Some paid-for courses may be tailored for a more niche-specific audience, include a dedicated support group, or come with other added benefits not available with free courses. With so many top-quality Divi courses available for free you may never need to pay for a course. Either way, it is great that there are options for both free and paid courses for Divi users of all levels.
Affiliate Disclosure: Links on this page contain affiliate code which means the owner of this website will be paid a commission on any sales that result from purchases made via these links.
Article 1st published Oct 17, 2018