Siteground is recommended by many and is the company I chose to host this website. By pre-paying for your hosting you can save 66% on new accounts and 30% on existing accounts.
Why I chose Siteground to host my Divi websites?
Prior to 2018, I had been hosting all of my sites on Australian servers as most of my previous clients were based there. With divithemeexamples.com growing over time, I had been thinking of moving to a faster, US-based host for quite a while. After researching all the best hosting companies I decided to go with Siteground and have been happy with my decision to this day. I have also since moved divilayouts.com over to Siteground too.
My main reasons for choosing Siteground as my host were;
Siteground is one of only 3 web hosting companies that is recommended by WordPress themselves along with Bluehost and Dreamhost. Siteground also consistently comes out on top in terms of recommendations and positive experiences whenever there are hosting questions in the various Divi and WordPress Facebook groups. Lastly, when I asked a few trusted friends in the Divi and WordPress space, the majority were either using Siteground already and/or gave Siteground a thumbs up.
- Personal Experience. I already had a couple of smaller sites hosted with Siteground on their lowest shared hosting plan for a year or so and was always happy with the overall service and especially their support.
- Live Support. Live support chat is available within a few seconds and from my own experience with those smaller sites I had hosted on Siteground, the support staff are fast, knowledgable and helpful.
- Competitive pricing – Prices may be a little higher than other web hosting businesses, but you do get what you pay for and in terms of value, Siteground is very competitive. See below on how to get the best deals on Siteground.
- 1-click WordPress install – Most hosts have this but not all, so it is worth checking you can get WordPress installed on your hosting in a few clicks.
- Caching built-in – Siteground comes with a built-in caching tool (Supercacher) so you don’t need to add and configure a 3rd party plugin.
- CDN via cPanel – I use Cloudflare which is easy to add to your sites with a couple of clicks in the cPanel. Siteground partner with Cloudflare so you can also purchase Cloudflare Pro from within the SG dashboard.
- Security & Updates – managed hosting means that security is taken care of by Siteground and you can automatically update WordPress and plugins.
Based on these factors I decided that Siteground was a good choice for hosting divithemeexamples.com and divilayouts.com
This page contains affiliate links to Siteground, which means that if you purchase hosting via the link, I, as the owner of this site will get a commission on the sale. By using these links you will help keep Divi Theme Examples a forever free resource for the Divi community. You can visit Siteground via my affiliate link
Which Siteground hosting plan is divithemeexamples.com on?
This site is hosted with Siteground and uses the GoGeek plan which costs $11.95 per month for new accounts for a maximum of 3 years. After 3 years you can renew for another 2 or 3 years at a 20% or 33% discount respectively. The full, no-discount price for this plan is $34.95 per month. The GoGeek plan includes the following features;
- Unlimited Websites
- 30 GB Web Space
- The best plan if your site is getting ~ 100,000 Visits Monthly
- Advanced Priority Support (from most experienced support agents)
- Website migration service on new accounts
View all WordPress hosting plans available with Siteground.
How to save 66% on new Siteground hosting accounts for 3 years
When you order a new account with Siteground you are offered a price of $3.95 a month on the StartUp plan, $5.95 a month on the GrowBig plan and $11.95 per month on the GoGeek plan that is available for 1, 2 or 3 years as a pre-paid plan. After this pre-paid period of 1-3 years is over, this price will increase to $11.95, $19.95 and $34.95 respectively.
In order to take full advantage of the offer, you should pay the maximum 3 years duration at the discounted price in advance. You can only get these prices once when you sign up a new account. After that period is over you will be charged the full price on a monthly basis.
StartUp hosting plan (new account)
- Prepay 1 year @ $3.95/mo = $47.4
- Prepay 2 years @ $3.95/mo = $94.8
- Prepay 3 years @ $3.95/mo = $142.2.2
The regular full price StartUp hosting plan after your initial 1,2 or 3 years is over will cost $11.95/mo. = $143.4 per year
GrowBig hosting plan (new account)
- Prepay 1 year @ $5.95/mo = $71.4
- Prepay 2 years @ $5.95/mo = $142.8
- Prepay 3 years @ $5.95/mo = $214.2
The regular full price GrowBig hosting plan after your initial 1,2 or 3 years is over will be $19.95/mo. = $239.4 per year
GoGeek hosting plan (new account)
- Prepay 1 year @ $11.95/mo = $143.4
- Prepay 2 years @ $11.95/mo = $286.8
- Prepay 3 years @ $11.95/mo = $430.2
The regular full price GoGeek hosting plan after your initial 1,2 or 3 years is over will be $34.95/mo. = $419.4 per year
How to save 30% on your existing Siteground hosting accounts
The 66% discounts are available to new accounts only and you must prepay either 1, 2 or 3 years upfront to get the deals. After that, you will then be put onto the regular full-price plan. What many people do not know is that you can then choose to pre-pay for a further 2 or 3 years on any existing account. The discounts for doing so are 20% for 2 years and 30% for 3 years prepaid.
In order to take full advantage of the offer, you should pay the maximum 3 years duration at the discounted price in advance.
StartUp hosting plan (renew an existing hosting account)
- Extend and prepay 2 years @ 20% off = $114.7
- Extend and prepay 3 years @ 30% off = $100.38
The regular full price StartUp hosting plan for 1 year will be $11.95/mo. = $143.4
GrowBig hosting plan (renew an existing hosting account)
- Extend and prepay 2 years @ 20% off = $191.52
- Extend and prepay 3 years @ 30% off = $167.58
The regular full price GrowBig hosting plan for 1 year will be $19.95/mo. = $239.4
GoGeek hosting plan (renew an existing hosting account)
- Extend and prepay 2 years @ 20% off = $335.52
- Extend and prepay 3 years @ 30% off = $293.58
The regular full price GoGeek hosting plan for 1 year will be $34.95/mo. = $419.4
Points to remember when buying your hosting
You should always prepay the allowed maximum timeframe. By doing this you will get the maximum discount (66%) for the longest possible time. All new hosting plans can be prepaid for a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years at a 66% discount. Extending an existing hosting account can be prepaid for either 2 years (20% discount) or 3 years (20% discount).