Instagram is a huge social media platform with over 1.3 billion active users who check in on the app every day, for 30mins/per day on average.
It is a great idea to add an Instagram feed to your Divi website, but by default, Divi does not come with any Instagram integration.
If you want to add your business Instagram feed to your Divi website then this post will guide you on how to add Instagram to Divi or any WordPress-powered websites.
Why adding Instagram will benefit your Divi Website?
Before we talk about how to add Instagram to Divi, let’s quickly go over how it can help you.
- Better Awareness: The main benefit of adding Instagram to your website is to inform your visitors about your Instagram account and show them what kind of posts you regularly update.
- Build Trust: Showcasing your Instagram account and your follower count is a much better form of social proof compared to testimonial carousels which many users might think are fake.
- Increase your Instagram Followers: When your site visitors see that you have an Instagram account with helpful and shareable posts, they might start following you on the social media platform.
How to add Instagram to Divi
There are several ways in which you can add Instagram to your Divi website.
You could add social media icons on your website linking back to your Instagram account. or just set up a specific page on your website, and manually populate it with all your Instagram posts.
However, there is a much more convenient and effective way to showcase your Instagram posts and allow your site visitors to interact with them and it is called an Instagram Feed.
To add an Instagram feed to your Divi website, you will need to use an Instagram WordPress/Divi plugin.
This post will show you how to embed Instagram posts into Divi using a Divi code module and give you three options of the best plugins to add full Instagram feeds to Divi.
Add Instagram to Divi without a plugin
Instagram has an embed code notion that allows you to copy and paste some code from your Instagram post and paste it onto your Divi website. This will then automatically display your Instagram post on your website. This method is quick and easy and best of all does not require another Divi or WordPress plugin.
The downside is that you are only embedding a single post rather than a dynamic Instagram feed that will update as you add more posts to Instagram. If you need an auto-updating feed skip to option 2 below.
If your Instagram account is public and you want to embed an Instagram post into Divi you can follow the following steps;
- From the Instagram post or profile you want to embed, click more actions in the top right.
- Click Embed, then click Copy Embed Code. If you don’t see Embed, the post or account may be private or may have Embeds turned off and cannot be embedded.
- The embed code will now be copied to your clipboard
- In Dive, add a code module where you want the Instagram post to display and paste the code from Instagram into the Code Module..
Add Instagram to Divi using an Instagram feed plugin
An Instagram plugin for Divi will allow you to easily add an Instagram feed to your Divi website without the need to mess around with any code. We have selected three plugins that work with Divi below.
All the plugins discussed below will allow you to create any number of Instagram feeds you want and embed them anywhere on your Divi website. They will also allow you to showcase any number of posts, and that too from multiple Instagram accounts. There’s even the option to add “Follow” and “Heart” buttons.
So without further ado, let’s get started:
1. Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed
Starting off our list, we have Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed – one of the most popular social media plugins on the market. Now, the Smash Balloon developers have created a bunch of powerful plugins for all important social media channels – Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and yes – Instagram, which we’ll be talking about here.
With their Instagram plugin, you will be able to showcase photos and videos from non-private accounts on your WordPress website. You can create single or multiple feeds and showcase them anywhere on your site. The plugin also gives you access to tons of customization options, so you are in full control over how the Instagram feed looks.
Here’s a look at some of the key features of the plugin to give you an idea of what it has to offer.
Smash Balloon Key Features:
- Display photos from multiple Instagram account on the same feed or in separate feeds across your website.
- Tons of customization options. You can control the widget, height, number of photos, number of columns, image size, background color, and much more. Also supports custom CSS.
- Support for infinite loading of your Instagram images.
- Includes “Load More” and “Follow” buttons on the Instagram feed on your site.
- Showcase your Instagram posts using Carousels, Masonry layouts, and Highlighted feeds. (Pro)
- View Instagram photos and videos in a pop-up lightbox. (Pro)
- Display the number of likes and comments on each post. (Pro)
- Power moderation system to help you show/hide certain posts. (Pro)
- Create a “shoppable” Instagram feed. (Pro)
Smash Balloon Pricing:
The plugin follows a freemium model with the basic features available for free and the advanced features only accessible to premium account holders. Pricing for the Pro version starts at $49/year for a single site license.
There’s also a $299/year plan which will give you access to all of Smash Balloon’s premium WordPress plugins to boost your social media game.
Learn more about Smash Balloon
Next, we have Spotlight, a powerful plugin that lets you showcase Instagram feeds on your WordPress website. With its focus on ease of use and access to advanced features, it will help you set up a captivating Instagram feed on your Divi website just like that.
The plugin gives you full control of the design of the feeds including the color and style so you can make them conform to your site’s aesthetics. What’s more, you can directly add the “Follow” button on your feed, so you can turn your site visitors into Instagram followers.
Here’s a more detailed look at the different features it brings to the table.
Spotlight Key Features:
- Connect one or multiple Instagram accounts and showcase them as a single Instagram feed.
- Use unlimited Instagram feed across your website.
- Embed Instagram feeds using dedicated Gutenberg blocks, shortcodes, and widgets.
- Pop-up lightbox to showcase images and videos directly on your website when a visitor clicks on it.
- Create your own templates or use one of the 4 free templates.
- Get access to 6 professionally designed templates – Carousel, Link in Bio, Slideshow, Brick, Montage, and Tile. (Pro)
- Support for Hashtag feeds. (Pro)
- Add call-to-action buttons on your Instagram posts. (Pro)
- Showcase captions, likes, and comment count on your feeds. (Pro)
Here, too, you have a freemium plugin with the base version available for free from the WordPress repository. To unlock the Pro features you will need to upgrade to the premium version, which starts at $49/year for a single site license.
3. Easy Social Feed
Last but not the least, we have Easy Social Feed. It’s a powerful 2-in-1 plugin that lets you create custom feeds to showcase both your Facebook posts and Instagram images. In reference to its Instagram features – which is what we are interested in, the plugin lets you create customized Instagram feeds to showcase images and videos from one or multiple Instagram accounts.
The base plugin is available for free, and most of its features are concentrated on customizing the feed. To access more advanced features like support for image filters, the option to showcase hearts and comments on each post, and so on, you will need to install a paid extension or add-on.
Here’s a quick feature overview showcasing what you get with the base free plugin and paid extension to give you an idea of what it can do.
Easy Social Feed Key Instagram Feed Features:
- Powerful customization features. You have control over the number of columns, border size, color, the option to add a header at the top of the feed, and much more.
- Deep integration with WP Customizers. Lets you tweak the look and feel of the feeds in real time.
- Create different skins for your feed.
- The “Follow” button and “Load More” buttons are attached to the feed.
- Option to dynamically load more photos and videos in the feed.
- A powerful shortcode generator lets you embed the Instagram Feed anywhere on your website.
- Set up multiple feeds from multiple Instagram accounts. (Pro)
- Showcase images and videos in super fast and responsive pop-ups. (Pro)
- Comes with an image gallery and video gallery. (Pro)
- Tons of image filters and animate filters. (Pro)
- Display hearts and comments for each post in the feeds. (Pro)
Easy Social Feed Pricing:
Here you get a base plugin with basic features available for free. On top of that, you can install extensions to expand its functionalities. The premium Instagram extension will cost you $32.37/year for a single website which makes it the most affordable of the three options.
You can also get their “Combo” plan which gives you their premium Instagram extension and Facebook extension for $57.27/year for a single website.
Learn more about Easy Social Feed
So this was our comprehensive read on how to add Instagram to your Divi website. We hope you found this tutorial useful and that it helped you in improving your social media game.
As you can see, the three plugins we mentioned on the list, all follow a freemium model. As such, despite your budget constraints, you are free to use any of the plugins depending on the feature set that speaks to you the most. However, if you’re confused as to which Instagram plugin is right for you, here are our recommendations.
If you are looking for a free plugin with a focus on creating highly customized Instagram feeds, then go with Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed. On the flip side, if you are not interested in the design and just want access to as many advanced features as possible for free, then go and get Spotlight.
If you plan to get a premium plugin, then both Smash Balloon and Spotlight come with a similar feature set. As such, we recommend that you try out their free version, get a feel for their UI, and pick whichever you like.
Easy Social Feed is a great option if you are looking to add both Instagram and Facebook feeds to your WordPress website. But do note that the free version of the plugin is a bit limited compared to the other two plugins. That being said, it has a premium version with a comparable feature set and a more affordable price tag.
I think it is easier t just add the Instagram embeds code in a code module.
good point andrew. i will update the post to give this option also. thanks