Divi tabs or tabbed content, are user interface elements used to organize and present different sections of content within a single section on a web page.
Tabs typically appear as clickable or tappable headings or labels arranged horizontally or vertically, allowing users to switch between different sections of content without scrolling, leaving, or reloading the page.
To add tabs to Divi you can;
In this blog post, we’ll provide an overview of the built-in Divi tabs module, and explore some third-party Divi plugin options for creating more advanced tabs.
Using the built-in Divi tabs module
Divi simplifies the process of adding tabs to your website without using a plugin, by including a built-in Divi tabs module.
The Divi tabs module allows you to organize information on your website so that users can quickly find the desired information and It enables you to incorporate text, images, and various content types that can be easily managed using the standard WordPress editor.
When displayed in a 1/4 column layout, the tabs are stacked and always visible, ensuring easy access. As the screen size increases, the tab buttons align horizontally, forming a row for a seamless user experience.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to using the built-in Divi tabs module option:
- Adding the Divi Tabs Module
After setting up the section, row, and columns, click on the gray “+” icon located within the column you want the tabs added. This will open the Divi module library, which lists all the modules that come with the Divi theme. Scroll down to locate the Tabs module and click on it to add it to your layout. You can also use the search bar at the top of the module library to quickly find the desired module by typing its name.
- Editing default tabs or adding new tabs
The first section under the Content tab is where you’ll find the individual tabs. Here, you can rearrange, edit, or delete the tabs within the module. To change the order, simply drag and drop each tab as needed. To access specific settings for a particular tab, click on the gear icon located on that tab. Your tabs module will be added with two tabs by default.To include a new tab, click the gray “+” icon above the “Add New Tab” option.This will open up the tab’s content, design, and advanced options for customization. Here you can enter the desired title and content of the tab. You can add text, images, and any other content controlled by the standard WordPress post editor.
- Customize using the Divi Tabs module options
With the tabs added and populated with a title and content you can then customize and configure all the content and design styles for the Tabs module. These settings will be much the same as you are used to with any of the Divi modules. The settings are categorized into three groups, accessible through tabs at the top of the module: Content, Design, and Advanced.You can access options for the Tabs module as a whole and for each of the individual tabs within the module.
By following these simple steps, you can easily add tabs to your Divi-powered website (without the need for any 3rd party plugin) and showcase content in a user-friendly way.
Third-party Divi tabs plugin options for advanced tabs
While Divi’s built-in tabs feature provides a solid foundation, you may want more advanced tab functionalities. Fortunately, there are several third-party Divi plugins available that can provide capabilities beyond those of the built-in Divi tabs module.
Here are a few popular Divi plugin options for adding tabs to your website:
Divi Tabs Maker plugin
The Divi Tabs Maker plugin is a premium Divi module that allows you to create stylish and customizable tabs on your Divi pages. With Divi Tabs Maker, you have complete control over the design, alignment, positioning, and tab state management of your tabs. You can also add animations and automatic tab switching to your tabs.
The Divi Tabs Maker plugin is easy to use and comes with extensive documentation. It is also backed by a team of experienced developers who are committed to providing continuous support and updates.
If you are looking for a powerful and versatile way to add tabs to your Divi pages, then the Divi Tabs Maker plugin is a great option.
Here are some of the key features of the Divi Tabs Maker plugin:
- Add icons, title, and sub-title
- Dynamic Tab Content
- Content Animations
- Conditions feature for the module and the individual tabs
- Auto Switch Tabs
- Show Progress Bar
- Tab Navigation Buttons & Controls
- Manual Tab Switch Method
- Deep linking
- Extensive documentation
Divi Pixel plugin
Divi Pixel is a premium plugin for Divi that adds a wide range of powerful features and customization options to your website. Tabs are just one part of this multi-function plugin so may be a good option if you need the plugin’s other features too.
The tabs feature of the Divi Pixel plugin allows you to create stylish and customizable tabs on your Divi pages. With the tabs feature, you have complete control over the design, alignment, positioning, and tab state management of your tabs. You can also add animations and automatic tab switching to your tabs.
Here are some of the key features of the tabs feature of Divi Pixel:
- Sticky tabs
- Activate on Hover option
- Scroll to content
- Display tab icon or image
- Add hover effects
- Content Animations
- Free tabs examples with free download
- Part of a multi-feature plugin and not only tabs
- Easy to use and customize
- Extensive documentation
Divi Super Tabs plugin
Divi SuperTabs is a premium Divi extension that allows you to create advanced and customizable tabs on your Divi pages. With Divi SuperTabs, you have complete control over the design, alignment, positioning, and tab state management of your tabs.
Here are some of the key features of the Divi SuperTabs extension:
- Layouts in tab content
- Tab Navigation Layout
- Add icons
- Sticky tab options
- Extensive documentation
Advanced Divi Tabs Module plugin
The Advanced Divi Tabs Module is a premium Divi module that allows you to create stylish and customizable tabs on your Divi pages. With the Advanced Divi Tabs Module, you have complete control over the design, alignment, positioning, and tab state management of your tabs. You can also add animations and automatic tab switching to your tabs.
Here are some of the key features of the Advanced Divi Tabs Module:
- Create horizontal and vertical tabs with one module.
- Add titles, descriptions, images, or icons to the navigation bar.
- Make the navigation menu sticky.
- Control the width, height, and alignment of the navigation menu.
- Style the active navigation bar and use stylish arrows.
- Insert images, text, and buttons as content, and customize them.
- Display anything from the Divi library.
- Reveal content when hovering over a tab.
- Choose from 8 interactive content revealing animations.
- Customize the size, placement, and alignment of images.
- Use a variety of custom spacing options.
- Get a free Divi shortcodes extension.
Why use tabs on your Divi website?
Using content tabs on your Divi website can be useful for several reasons, including:
- Improved Organization: Tabs help to categorize and compartmentalize content, making it easier for users to locate specific information. By grouping related content under different tabs, you can create a logical and intuitive navigation experience.
- Enhanced User Experience: Tabs allow users to quickly access different sections of content without having to scroll extensively or load separate pages. This improves user experience by providing a streamlined and efficient way to explore information.
- Conservation of Screen Space: With tabs, you can effectively manage and display a significant amount of content within a limited screen space. This is particularly useful for mobile devices and smaller screens, where optimizing space is crucial.
- Visual Appeal and Readability: Tabs contribute to the visual aesthetics of a website, providing a clean and organized layout. They make it easier for users to scan and read content by presenting information in a structured format.
- Easy Content Comparison: If your website offers products or services with multiple options or features, tabs can be used to compare variations. Users can switch between tabs to view and evaluate different options conveniently.
- Reduced Loading Time: Instead of loading separate pages for each section of content, tabs allow you to load all the content at once and display it dynamically when selected. This reduces the need for page reloads and minimizes loading times.
- Mobile-Friendly Design: Tabs are especially beneficial for mobile devices, as they provide a compact and touch-friendly interface. Users can easily swipe between tabs to access different sections, enhancing the mobile browsing experience.
By leveraging the advantages of tabs, website owners can present information in a structured and accessible manner, enhancing usability, navigation, and overall user satisfaction.
Tabs are a valuable feature that can greatly enhance the organization and user experience of your Divi-powered website. With Divi’s built-in tabs feature, you can quickly and easily incorporate tabs into your pages.
However, if you require more advanced functionalities, consider exploring some of the third-party Divi tabs plugins. Experiment with different options to find the perfect fit for your website and create engaging and interactive tabbed content.
Drop a comment below if you have a cool example of tabs on your Divi website.