Today marks the launch of the official Divi Marketplace from Elegant Themes.
The Divi Marketplace is an online store hosted by Elegant Themes where you can buy Divi child themes, extensions (plugins), and layouts created by a range of 3rd party developers from the Divi community.
- Each product is vetted by Elegant Themes for quality
- Single GPL license for unlimited use and 1 year of support and updates
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Access all your products via your customer dashboard within your Elegant Themes admin area
Check out the products available on the new marketplace via my affiliate link.
The new official Divi Marketplace
The new Divi Marketplace developed by Elegant Themes is a one-stop-shop for 3rd party Divi child themes, plugins, and layouts.
All products are developed by 3rd party developers.
Elegant Themes do not develop or sell any products within the marketplace.
All Elegant Themes products, including the free DIvi layout packs, are still available for free for Elegant Themes members.
The store has been in development for a number of months now and is already stocked with 100’s of Divi products. There will no doubt be many more products added as time goes by, but at the time of launch the marketplace currently sells;
- 133 Divi Child Themes
- 51 Divi Extensions (plugins)
- 102 Divi layouts and layout packs
Browse, search, filter and buy in the marketplace
The marketplace is split into the 3 categories for Divi Child Themes, Extensions, and layouts.
You can browse all products, or filter by category. You can further filter products by popularity, release date, price, and user rating.
Each product listing has a link to the product demo and product screenshots along with tabbed areas for product details, reviews, support, and documentation.
- To buy products in the Divi Marketplace you will need to have an active Elegant Themes membership and be logged in.
- You can purchase with all major credit cards or via PayPal.
- There is a no-questions-asked 30-day refund policy.
- After you have purchased a product, it will become available for download inside your Marketplace Customer Dashboard.
- You will be notified via email when your purchased products get updated so you can download the latest version.
- Each product has product details, revies, support, and documentation.
- All products sold on the Divi Marketplace are licensed under the GPL.
Product support is available within the Divi Marketplace but comes from the 3rd-party developers (not from Elegant Themes).
“Products in the Divi Marketplace are created and maintained by third-party developers. Products in the marketplace are not created or supported by Elegant Themes but instead are supported by the authors that develop them.”
In order for products to be listed and stay listed in the marketplace, developers are required to provide a certain level of support, which will most likely be within 48hrs from submitting a ticket.
Buyers can submit a support ticket to the product developer by logging into their account and clicking into the Support tab on the product page.
Product licensing terms
All products available to buy in the Divi Marketplace allow you to use the product on as many websites as you like and to receive product updates and support for 1 year.
After the 1-year product subscription expires you can continue to use the product, but you will need to renew your license in order to receive product updates and support from the seller.
All products available to buy in the Divi Marketplace are sold under a GPL license.
Quality control for products
Elegant Themes have introduced a layer of testing and quality control to the marketplace listing process to ensure only the best products are available for sale.
“All products are accepted at Elegant Themes’ discretion, and all products must adhere to our Design Guidelines and Developer Guidelines in order to be accepted.”
The staff at Elegant Themes review the code and design with QA (Quality Assurance) testing to ensure that each of the products listed on the Divi marketplace meets their quality standards.
Sellers will also need to maintain a certain average product rating to continue listing products in the Marketplace. If a product is regularly getting poor reviews from buyers the product will most likely be pulled from the store and the seller may well also be removed completely.
Whist this means that many 3rd party products will not make it onto the marketplace, it gives users peace of mind knowing that what they are buying has been verified by the creators of Divi. These products may well be listed on other Divi marketplaces without such quality control.
In the long run, this will help raise standards and reward those developers who spend the time to produce quality products that align with the official Elegant Themes guidelines.
Want to sell on the marketplace?
The Elegant Themes marketplace for Divi will generate a lot of traffic and for 3rd party Divi developers, it will be a valuable tool to get their products in front of the DIvi community.
The cost of selling your products on the marketplace is 30%, which is the same, or less, than alternate Divi marketplaces.
You do not need to sell exclusively on the marketplace and are free to continue to sell your products in your own online store.If you have your own store you can also list products on our Divi child theme page or Divi plugins page where referral commissions are generally set at 20%.
The key features of selling on the Elegant Themes marketplace include;
- Divi Child Themes, Divi Extensions, and Divi Layouts can be submitted to the marketplace.
- 70% of the sale price goes to the developer and 30% goes to Elegant Themes.
- Requirements for products are outlined in the Design Guidelines and Developer Guidelines.
- The review process for new products takes 1 week.
- Sales will be paid out once per month, within 31 days of the end of the month.
- Payments are only made via PayPal.
- Sellers who reside outside the United States are subject to tax withholding.